Sealed Bids for the construction of the subject project will be received by the City of Lavonia at the City Hall, P. O. Box 564, Lavonia, Georgia 30553 until Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 2:00 PM and at said office opened and read aloud.
The principal features of the work include the demolition and construction of approximately 1,100 linear feet of concrete sidewalks including sidewalk improvements, concrete curb and gutter, accessable ramps, handrails and crosswalks.
The CONTRACT DOCUMENTS may be examined at the office of Zimmerman, Evans and Leopold, Inc., 435 Telfair St., Augusta, GA., at Lavonia City Hall, 12221 Augusta Road, Lavonia, GA 30553 or at Construction Market Data, Atlanta.
Copies of the CONTRACT DOCUMENTS may be obtained at the office of Zimmerman, Evans and Leopold, Inc., 435 Telfair Street, Augusta, GA 30901 upon payment of $50.00 for each set, non-refundable.
- Georgia Department of Transportation Standard Specifications, 2013 Edition, and applicable Supplemental Specifications and Special Provisions apply to this project.
- The DBE goal of 12% for the project.
- Bidders submitting bids over $2,000,000 shall be prequalified with the GDOT.
- Bidders submitting bids $2,000,000 or less shall be prequalified or registered subcontractors with the GDOT.
- A bid bond of 10% is required.
- A performance bond of 100% of the contract amount and a payment bond of 110% of the contract amount will be required per GDOT Specification 103.05.
- The time of performance as 120 calendar days.
- The completed Federal-Aid Certification, DBE Goals Form, and Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act Affidavit are to be submitted with the bid proposal.
- The City of Lavonia in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 78 Stat. 252, 42 USC 2000d—42 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, Subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, part 21, Nondiscrimination in federally assisted programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such Act, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, minority business enterprises will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, sex, or national origin in consideration for an award.
Awarded to Excellere Construction, LLC